Coach seems to have completely forgotten that he sorta taught me those axel preparations.... just told me to do the basic waltz jump 3 in a row instead.
For the "show", Kevin wanted me and Aaron to do the waltz/falling leaf/mohawk/salchow/toe loop at the same time towards opposite side of the rink (since Aaron is a lefty). Problem is I'm scared of falling leaf altho it's only a half-turn jump, and the salchow I donno how to do it with a mohawk entry. However, by the end of the class, I was able to do the falling leaf but not the salchow. My salchow tends to be too forward even before I start to jump, i.e. my toe pick is scratching on the ice. Since it's already scratching the ice, it slows me down and I had almost no speed for the toe loop jump that follows it. Kevin said at the beginning it's like that, nothing to worry about... yeah rite.
As a group, we tried just walking down the ice in one straight across the ice. Then we tried going left and right together and then it's all messed up, no line at all in the end.
Kevin also paired me up with Aaron to do the sorta ice dancing step. It's very basic just go left, right, left, right, then crossover... Already forgot how many long I'm supposed to do the crossover. I think it's harder for Aaron since I'm much shorter...
My waltz jump sucked today after all those waltz-backspin exercises. I now automatically force myself to rotate even before I leave the ground. My waltz looks so woody now :(.
Andrew, the 50yr or so man, decided to quit today. So we're one person short now.
No comments:
Post a Comment