Thursday, December 16, 2004

Last lesson

We did
- forward cross roll (1, 2, 3, 4) then hold the left outside edge (5, 6, 7, 8) and repeat the cross roll with holding the right outside edge in the end... and alternate
- backward cross roll (1, 2, 3, 4) then hold the outside edge(5, 6, 7, 8) and repeat
(have trouble with the back outside edge, cannot seem to get into the left outside edge)

Later, Kevin looked at my corkscrew spin and pointed out that I should rise up earlier. Right after he said that and right after I saw his, I could do it. But, again... that's just temporary memory. At least now I have some idea where to fix it.

Then we practiced a lil group number thing.
- 6 of us stand in a line (hands on each others' shoulders) with 3 facing one way and 3 the other way. Then we did lil steps and rotate as a line. It's pretty cool.
- 3 of us in a line (hands on each others' shoulders) skate towards the other 3. Then we dropped our arms and we pass the opposite line thru the spacing in between.
- then we practiced lunges (do lunge while gliding, with most of the weight on one bended leg and extend the free leg behind). I think Kevin wanted to add the lunge while we pass thru the opposite line.

No comments:

Google