The only new thing was doing the scratch spin from crossover.
He wanted me to have the right arm movements when doing the spin. That is, as ur hands are meeting from opposite sides (like holding a ball) put left hand in front of right hand and left thumb on top of right thumb.
The problem is I can't really do the spin and all these efforts of getting the right arm positions were kind of useless. I can't even control my edge on the ice and gonna fall any second, how could I have the right arm movement.
However, once I cheated, spinning using mostly the toepick and digging into the ice, that time I did have the right arm movement all the way. Close in and up. But it's absolutely wrong to do the spin this way.... the coach didn't say anything about that tho.
For my clockwise backward crossover, it's finally getting a lil better. I'm more on top of my blade now, however, once I do the cross I'm still scratching the ice too much. Oh well.. better than nothing.
I did not do any workout or skating before the lesson, so I had feet cramp (esp my right foot). Coach said that might be because I don't have enuf potassium in my diet. He said when he sees atheletes like that he'd advice them to take a banana a day and it'd go away. So I wanted to take one banana to work, and there is none at home. Like always, when u don't need something they tend to show up in abundance but not when u need them. Better buy some banana after work.
We have 2 new students today sorta. They will be starting officially Jan. One of them live in Vancouver, and another live in Tawassen!! They are both beginners. They said we're very advance but...mmm... I've seen even more advance... like adults doing single axel and nice camel spin and even double axel and tiple salchow.
We didn't get any time to practice our "group program". Kevin said from now on, we do our own warm up exercise before the lesson really starts. I think we should have done that long time ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment