Went to the Kensington Rink today. Saw a guy practicing figure skating there. He's awesome. Huge double axel, huge triple salchow, huge triple toe loop, and double loop. His spins were awesome too. So super inhumanly fast. He did scratch spin, backspin, and flying camel spin. He was talking to one of the staffs and said that he hasn't sharpened his skate in 2 YRS!!!! Said he was busy with all the competitions. I wonder who he is.... probably one of the adult figure skaters... cuz I don't recogonize him and he's not as good as the skaters on TV.
After I saw his spins, my scratch spin instantenously got better. Probably just temporary improvement. My toe pick is still scratching the ice a bit too much than I'd like but at least I'm balanced, not going left and right. I found out that my sweet spot for the spin is a lil more left on my skate than I would have thought. My waltz jump is getting better and better now. I found the sweet spot to jump to obtain maximum height. I think after several more sessions of skating I'm ready to learn axel. Actually who am I kidding! I'm gutless!
1 comment:
I'd appreciate it if you stayed away from another guy's "huge double axel".
thanks
John
Post a Comment