Just one guy in the rink when I first started skating today... and then just me afterwards. Have the whole piece of ice by myself!! Cool!
Did many forward and backward sculling using only one foot. So cool! Felt wonderful! I finally got the idea. For backward sculling, I can now do it across the whole rink with just one foot :). And of course, my right leg is much better than my left leg.
Still can't do the swizzle and glide on just one skate and the other skate touching the ice, or the Ina Bauer. I've got to ask him again next time.
My waltz jump felt good today too. Still gutless to try the axel.
Tried some lutz today. Out of my 10 or so trials, pretty sure one of them qualifies as a lutz.
Flip is ok. Not so sure if I'm doing it right though. I still tend to lean on its entry.
Loop is normal. Still don't know how to initiate more than one revolution.
Salchow still sux. Still curving too much on its entry.
Toe loop is still terrible. No height and no speed.
Tried to do backspin a different way... using a lil of my toepick on the big 3-turn entry. Well... can't do it yet... ended up crashing onto the ice. It's ok since I know I'm going to fall and did prepare for it.
Toepick is still scratching the ice too much when doing scratch spin. Well.. more than scratching.. more like I stick my toepick in automatically now.
Tried the couter-clockwise forward and backward crossover with one of my arms moving from outside downwards and in and up like a ballet move like he taught me yesterday (think I forgot to mention that in prev blog). It's ok. I looked a lil awkard I think. On the other direction, can't really do the backwards one. Donno y :( still can't do the backward crossover in the clockwise direction. I thought backward sculling would help but it didn't.
While I was practicing skating I missed the Halloween Pot-luck lunch.
I was allowed to eat the leftovers tho.. altho I didn't bring any food in. :P
Oh and there were SO MUCH leftovers. I had a small piece of Lasagna, a small piece of pumpkin pie, 2 small sausage/samosa rolls, and a small piece of apple pie. The pumpkin pie was too sweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment