Sunday, October 03, 2004

Fun weekend

On Fri nite, went to my friend's friend's bday supper and karaoke. Supper in Spegetti Factory and karaoke in DiDarDi .... so lame... same old songs... same ones we sang together from last get-together several mths ago. But, I got to hang out with them, which is cool.

On Sat, went running in the morning then took a ride in the corvette to near the airport and then to UBC. It was cool. We had the T-tops off. Afterwards, went to Lansdown with John. Bought 3 new sweat pants ^^! Have to buy new pants... sick of wearing the same pant 3 days in a roll for skating. John was so patient waited for me the whole time :D. Might go shopping spree with him next week for his clothes, my turn to wait next week.

After the shopping, we went to the BC Lions Games, in BC Stadium in downtown. I'm beginning to understand it more. So much stopping in the game. The atmosphere was very good. Ppl were drinking beer everywhere. We saw shirtless guy(s) (not so sure if it's the same guy) ran into the field twice, altho in between the TV up there already stated that it's a $1000 penalty for running into the field. So either one guy got $2000 penalty or 2 guys got $1000 penalty. Also saw shirtless guys in the audiences with letters "G","O","A", and "L" painted on them respectively. Interesting... And saw a girl wearing a tube top and skirt (and I thought I'd be the only one wearing skirt there if I didn't go home and change). The guys behind us were so "low class" and loud... one of them kept saying the other guy's mom is a whore.... When the girl with the tube top was talking to a guy went up to her seat, I heard them saying "she's not even sitting with u, she's 4 rows behind". I almost thought that they were going to start a fight but the guy that the girl was talking to ignored them in the end. There was a fight but I didn't see it, it's far away from us. I only knew it cuz everyone was standing up to try to catch a glimpse.show/hide...

After the game, we got sticky fingers from having supper (sweet onion terrayki + brisk lemonade + 2 chocolate chip cookies) in Subway. Took us a while to get out of the parking lot.

On Sun, went to church, washed my 320 (323-3), then went running with John. I only did 10 laps (or 8 laps?? but John said it's 10). Felt so tired.... John's knee is hurting again. My running is getting worse. Don't know y. Is it because I'm somehow not totally recovered from my cold? or is it because that skating wears me out? Now I get tired around lap #8!!!! Totally pathetic.
We went for a walk in Minoru Park afterwards. Saw many ducks (not Peking duck). Many of them comfortably sitting on the grass rite by the sidewalk... so very near us. But when i got closer, they started to move away... no fun.... didn't get to touch them. Saw bunnies too and squirrels of course, squirrels seems to be everywhere. And, many flocks of mosquitoes. Didn't get any bite tho.

Then went to John's friend's place to pick up his DVD, Office. Very funny, but hard to understand ... for me at least... so British.

Went to Aberdeen Center afterwards, just by myself. John was being a good boy doing his homework at home. In Daiso found something for my skating boots, some kind of charcoal to absorb moisture from shoes. I hope that would prevent any "mold condition" from happening again.

No comments:

Google