Toastmaster contest was fun (might be partly because I wasn't one of the contestants :P). There were 3 humourous speeches and 4 2-min table topic talk. The first humourous speech was about hockey. It was wonderfully done and really funny. There was prop used too, a hockey T-shirt which she showed us at the end. The body language and gestures were very good. It was a very well orchestraed piece.
The second one was about Calamity sailboat "trip". It was also funny, eg. how her wife jumps onto the boat and nearly missed it and was hanging on by the edge with her arms. But, there were some sailboat terms that I didn't really get.
The third one was the funniest I think. The title was to ask God to let her come back as a man. It's about how troublesome and uncomfortable it is to be a woman.... the shaving, the waxing, the long bathroom lineup, the pregnancy/labour, the painful shoes...
To me, the one with the funniest content was the one about woman. However, the hockey speech was more beautifully done. But, it might be hindsight cuz the hockey piece won the contest and the second runner up is the one about woman.
The table topic was "What is the most you like about yourself?". The first contestant talked about how much he likes to interact with people, and how he learned history from his grandparents and his fellow toastmasters. We were just talking about that when he was having dinner with us at Daimasu. So, he "used" us in a way..... that's ok i guess.
The second one talked about his offsprings cuz it's a reflection of himself and that he's having good relationships with this son and daughter. It was quite funny too, the thing about how scary it is that his daughter has a learner license now and how "annoying" it is that his son got a new set of drum.
The third contestant talked about how fortunate it is that he has good genes and brought up in nice environment. So, the most he likes about himself is that he is fortunate. He talked a bit about paraolympics too. His speech really flows and it's very natural. Obviously, the best by far. But, in the end he addressed his mistake, forgot to address the audience. If not because of that I'm very sure that he'd win.
The fourth contestant says the most she likes about herself is her generosity, how much she likes and cares about ppl, and that she likes to travel. It was ok but it's not as much fun as the other pieces.
The third contestant own, not surprising at all. The fourth contestant got second runner up. But, if I were the judge I'd give the second place to the third contestant.
There were a funny lil piece done by the Joke Master in between the humourous speeches and the table topic talks. Talked about how a stupid guy wanted to join Hell's Angels. The stupid guy told the member that he once got beaten by a shark and had his arm biten off. How he was able to fight back and got his arm back and sewn them back. The member said he was tough and he could join the club. The stupid guy then hold up both his thumbs and said "Yeah!"... but one thumb was up and one was down.... well u know what i mean if u get the joke.
The refreshments were very good too. I had the grapes, the wheaties, the sausage pieces, orange/peach juice, and a delicious shortcake with pink stuffs on top.
All in all it was a very good entertainment for only 3 bux.
Afterwards we went back to my workplace and got my wallet back. I left it in my drawer... stupid me. Even worse, I also had my alarm code in my wallet so when I got into the building I also made the alarm went off. I hope it's ok since I did use the security card to get in... donno if the alarm company would charge us.
No comments:
Post a Comment