Sunday, October 17, 2004

Weekend

Sat...

Went to Richmond Center and bought bird's nest drink with John for mom's bday. 40 bux about. I hope it's real. There was a kind that's like 132 bux... but I think that's a bit too expensive. Then John went to do his workout and I went to have my skates sharpened.

When I was at the skate shop I also tried out some skating tights while I was waiting for my skates. They'r so warm, comfy, and strong. So I bought 2 pairs, 20bux per pair :'(. Also, the sharpening costs $8.99. But I decided to buy the sharpening punch card since that would give me one free sharpening per 5 sharpenings and that costs about 40bux. :'(... total to about 80 bux.

Later we went to "Man Wa" for my mom's bday. We had the 4 ppl set lunch + one extra abalone for John. The abalone is SO filling. I loved the sauce tho but maybe not the abalone. Well..actually i like the edges of it since it's tender and soft, the center of it's a bit too chewy and dense for my taste.. and not to mention hard to digest. After the abalone I felt like I had already finished a meal already. But afterwards we still had seabass, "veggies with dried scallop and salty ham", "chicken with ginger/spring onion sauce on the side", and the very routine dessert, red bean soup with lil chinese seasame donuts and almond biscuits.
The dinner went really well. It was a lot more comfortable this time around, conversations were flowing more, and I no longer felt awkward to talk to my parents in English. I think actually John would have more things to talk to my dad than I'm with my dad since they both follow politics and news.

After the dinner we rented "Empire Strikes Back". It was very well digitally mastered. Like a new movie just came out yesterday. Luke still looked freakish to me. He's a lot more buffed in this episode but still freakish.

Sun...
It's raining cats and dogs. Big cats and dogs too. So I decided to go skating with John. Good idea eh? What better things to do than on a rainy day esp when u'd watched too many movies. We skated the 3-5 "Everyone Welcome" session. So so so many kids around. Couldn't do much... have to look out for ppl all the time. But, I was still able to do a few single jumps and backspin. I was actually surprised that I could still do the spin right after my sharpening cuz last couple of times I could never do that but then I was on a different kind of blade. John skated really well. We practiced a bit of bodycheck with each other (mostly me) and John said I should stay in the box since he did not have the puck. So I said the whole big rink is one big box... haha.

Afterwards I just went home and had snacks and then supper. So super tired after the skating altho I didn't do too much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ms. Kan,

My query is:
how did they know that bird's nest is healthy?
when did they get a chance to sample bird's saliva? when they were flying through the trees?

Also, Don Cherry would be proud with how you finished your check and pinned me against the boards.

Regards,

John

Google