Monday, May 28, 2007

Slacking off

Didn't do ANY painting at all these last few days, altho I already bought the 2 quartz brown and 1 gallon greenish beige on Thurs.

Mostly because I wanted to know for sure that the brown section is big enuf for the mirror. Dad hanged it on Sat but had to fix it on Sun because it was crooked.
But, on Sun, I'm already used to not doing any work .... so I did shopping the whole day after having dim sum with parents.

I bought
- a patio rug (which I had to return later cuz there is a "hole" (a part where a bundle of thread is missing) at Zellars,
- a microfibre swiffer and cloth(promotional item in zellars, got 2 small microfibre cloths (for free) to wipe my glasses with) at Zellars,
- a shower head (very good!!) at Home Depot,
- a stain blocker/primer (to fix my mistakes on the ceiling) at Home Depot,
- 3 different snacks at Diso,
- nail clipper at Diso (works like the regular nail clipper that u get in london drugs, but only for $2),
- eyebrow scissors (works very well, and again only $2) at Diso,
- small round basin at Diso (intended to wash my hand-wash-only clothes with... didn't work so well, too small)

I'm such a shopoholics... hoho.
I could almost start a shopping blog.

Went by London Drugs. They have pretty nice bar stool (plastic seat) for only $79.99!!! I've NEVER seen it that cheap. But, they only have one left for each different color... unless u buy all 3 of different color to get a mix 'n match theme going, it probably won't work. Plus, I don't have space for all 3. I just needed 2.

There is a new furniture place opened in Lansdown. They have some pretty neat stuffs. Their sofa are very european style, maybe a bit too modern. Altho they look cool, but it looks quite uncomfortable. Most of the sofa are very square and very low. Their prices aren't too high neither. But, for other stuffs it's another story. They are selling the same $99.99 bar stool in londron drug for 199.99.

Reserved gown rental in Moores. Somehow they didn't get us to pay.
Pardon me... y did I say gown. I meant tux rental.

Had lunch at White Spot on Sat, suprisingly it's not toohard to get seated but the food took a long time to come.

Got my club skating DVD. Somehow it's not playable in my parents DVD but it's ok in my bf and my friend's DVD player. I watched it twice :D. It's very professionally done. Altho, they sometime totally missed the good shot.

Had a pizza and 3 mini sausage rolls at ruby&peter 's place on Sat :D. They're so nice. They've just got wii too. How come everyone has one now.... I'd rather spend $$ on a nice bar stool or rug or nice chair. Speaking of chair, I did like one chair in the new furniture place in lansdown. But, it's a bit expensive since it's real leather and very nice style. But, it's the exact style that I had in my mind...

John got his kitchen and hallway laminate flooring done (by "Just Flooring"). It's SO NICE!! I'm now back into flooring obsession.... maybe after more painting accident then I'll need to change to hardwood floor.
John needs a base cap baseboard tho. They only installed baseboard that's 2 inches shorter than the "marble" baseboard. That's so unprofessional! Now, he's left to spend more $ to fix it.
We're thinking of putting another baseboard on top of it. The putting on it part is not THAT hard. It's the cutting that's hard. Home depot won't do the miltering for you. You'd need a sharp small saw or an angle saw that cut the baseboard at a very precise angle so that the baseboards at the corners would join nicely.
I wanted to learn how to do it so that I can put crown molding at my new place in the future :P. The baseboard itself is not too expensive, 99cents to $3 per ft.

No comments:

Google