The first smaller wall is almost perfect now, except for the spot where I accidentally touched it before it was dry :'(....*sniff*sniff*.
Started on the first coat for the long wall. It looks terrible, tons of roller marks.
I'm going to use the extension rod for the second coat next time, and I'll see if I can buy a poly/wool blend roller sleeve.
Very good tips at this website.
Using Tools: Paint Roller Techniques By Jeff Gorton
I'm doing #4, but with a trim roller since it's lighter for me to handle.
I find that if I do cut-in first then the cut-in line would show, cuz I cut-in way too slow... and the cut-in line would be completely totally utterly dried before I start using the roller. What I do now is to roll then use small paint brush to fill up the cut-in line and then use the trim roller to blend the line with the rest of the wall.
1. Lay the paint on the wall with a sweeping stroke. Start about a foot from the bottom and 6 in. from the corner and roll upward at a slight angle using light pressure. Stop a few inches from the ceiling. Now roll up and down back toward the corner to quickly spread the paint. You can leave paint buildup and roller marks at this step. Don’t worry about a perfect job yet.
2. Reload the roller and repeat the process in the adjacent space, working back toward the painted area.
3. Roll back over the entire area you’ve covered to smooth and blend the paint. Don’t reload the roller with paint for this step. Use very light pressure. Roll up and down, from floor to ceiling and move over about three-quarters of a roller width each time so you’re always slightly overlapping the previous stroke. When you reach the corner, roll as close as you can to the adjacent wall without touching it. Repeat Steps 1 through 3 until the entire wall is painted.
4. Smooth the paint along the ceiling using a long horizontal stroke without reloading the roller with paint. If you are skilled enough to roll within an inch of the ceiling while rolling vertically, you can skip this step.
5. Lay paint on wall areas above and below windows and doors with a long horizontal stroke. Then smooth it off with short vertical strokes so the texture will match the rest of the wall.
No comments:
Post a Comment