Fri Lesson
Coach brought her video cam and filmed me. Learned that I'm doing all my jumps wrong. For both my single flip and lutz jump, I used my upper body too much. I think it stems from the fact that I'm not on a straight enuf edge. Basically... my basic skating sux ><. To compensate the curve edge that I had for the take off, I swing my upper body. Also, I should jump when my feet are closer, and that I'm crouching too much forward. I tried to fix it but I couldn't see what I'm doing and that's extremely frustrating. I need my coach in every one of my practice.... but that's impossible.
For the waltz, it's getting easier and easier to swing before take off and I had no idea how to fix it.
I'm also afraid that the more I practice, the more I'll be conditioning myself to do the wrong thing. On the other hand, if I don't keep practicing I'll forget the things that I can do right. So far, single loop is still my best jump, I just need to remember to straighten my jumping leg when I'm in the air.
After lesson, went out for supper with fiends and then my friend's apartment and tramatized her boss's cat. It's so much fun holding it altough my jacket became a fur coat at the end.
Sat
Did water change on big tank and thoroughly cleaned the hood and the filter's tube.
Went gift shopping and then pet habitat just to look at their display tank.
Met up with John in Richmond Center, went to Ironwood's Canadian tire. Didn't find the aquatic soil or the hotbed for seedlings (i think it'd be too small for my tank anyway). Went to the library, got "Something borrowed" by Emily Griffin, quite an interesting read.... altho in the end it's dragging a bit.
Headout to downtown around 5 and browsed in Chapters, didn't find the "Nature Aquarium World" by Takashi Amano. I think I'll just get it in Big Al's on some Wed (to get double points) or better yet just research more planted tank online. If I remember correctly it's about $60 at Big Al's.
We went out to Griffin's for our valentine's dinner. We got there half an hour early (7:30pm), but they still seat us anyway. I ordered the appetizer bar, John ordered the Mango curry. His is better than mine again. Before supper, I got hungry and ate too much cereal so I didn't quite have as much space in my stomach as I'd like.
I somehow still managed to get 2 small plates and a chowder for my order:-
- mussels
- cold pasta
- 1 shrimp,
- 1 crab leg,
- green salad w/ rasberry sauce,
- greek salad,
- 4 pieces of raw salmon
I like that I get to try lil pieces of everything, but the downside of it is that it's all cold.
For dessert buffet that came with our order:
- cheesecake cupcake w/ blueberries and rasberry on top
- cream caramel (at that time, both of us couldn't recall its name)
- strawberry mousse cake
- a piece of pineapple and half a strawberry
- several spoonfuls of vanilla pudding (the best!!!!)
- half a piece of almond pastry
- half a slice of yellow custard apricot sponge cake,
- cream custard filled puff
The dessert is a lot better than we had last year.
We were both very stuffed in the end.... I actually felt pain in my stomach... but mostly it's from the vanilla mini-wheat I had before.
Sun
Woke up late, went to church late.
Ran running on dyke with John, then to Iowa beach and McDonald beach. Almost lost my cell, later found it in Iowa beach. McDonald beach is pretty nice, and I don't think it is only for ppl with dogs.
Went home, had supper, then skating with Ruby and her bf. Didn't have a good skate, donno if I'm doing things wrong again.
Watched last half of "Charmed", then "Desparate housewives" and "Grey's Anatomy". A rather surprising ending for Grey's. I thought the bomb would never go off....
2 comments:
i dont think your skating sux, you are still better than jennifer robinson. I just think you need better coaching. try buying that book on amazon or chapters.ca
mmm... no.... she is very good.
Post a Comment