Monday, November 28, 2005

Fri nite lesson

Went to my first private lesson. It was quite empty and mostly kids. The kids were skating to their program and I was too shy to use the whole ice, ended up just practicing near the corner. The 15mins lesson was quite useful. We went over camel spin and axel walk through.

For the camel spin, I need to straighten my skating left leg and put my center of mass a lil behind (since the head and the arms are heavier than the one leg behind). It's alright to pivot a lil forward for the turn but not during the whole spin. I kept spinning on my toe pick and when I tried to straighten my skating leg, I tipped forward.

For the axel walk through, I should aim for height not distance for the jumping up. I should also fix my swinging free side. When I put my right leg behind, my right thigh is away from left thigh, but when I bring it forward I should bring it straight through and close them up. I have yet to learn how to do that. My swinging already started when I put my right leg behind and it prevented me from bringing my right leg straight through.

After the lesson, went to Honolulu with friends for supper. It was very cheap but wasn't very good. My sesame bubble tea was weird, it's not actually bubble tea, it's basically chinese sesame instant sweet soup. Luckily, I like that soup. And, pretty sure the salmon fillet wasn't fresh, but the sole fillet was quite good.

After that, went to John's place and watched TV and fell asleep throughout the whole show almost.

No comments:

Google