Monday, November 21, 2005

Common Goldfish Profile

Carassius auratus var.
Food: All kinds of fresh, frozen, and flake foods. To keep a good balance give them a high quality flake food everyday. Feed brine shrimp (either live or frozen), blood worms, Daphnia, or tubifex worms as a treat.
Size - Weight: Common Goldfish get up to 15-20 cm (6-8 inches).
Temperatures: 65°-72° F (18°-22° C)

Goldfish are very social animals and thrive in a community. Not only are they a great community fish but they are great scavengers as well. It is really not necessary to add other scavengers or other bottom feeders to the aquarium when you have goldfish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I just stumbled onto your blog...glad to see you're picking up figure skating-I've skated since I was 3, and was a coach for 10 years. Good luck on that axel-it's a toughie!!
riedellroyal@hotmail.com if you want to keep in touch..good luck...
~Keep skating~
Sonya

Google