Friday, October 07, 2005

More Skating

Kevin taught us some exercises for double loop. I think by the end of this season, I'd have learned all the double exercises but would still be doing single jump.
Kevin, being optimstic, said that next week I'll be ready for double loop. Don't I wish....


  • skate forward in a straight line with left knee raised up and in front of right leg and arms (shaped like a circle) in front, then put down left leg but keep it crossed in front of right leg and at the same time pull in arms

  • 3 backward outside edge 3-turn followed by a single loop

  • 3 backward crossovers followed by a back spin with only 2 rotations

2 comments:

koala said...

This sounds like a good sequence to practice, not only for double loop, it would look so cool by itself if you can do it just with speed too. While you were practicing that, I was struggling with my back 3-turn and single loop attempts. K said I will be able to do the single loop "very soon" too, he is a great instructor, always encouraging the students no matter how they are doing.

Bunny said...

Ummm.... he's always saying that we can do this and that very soon....

last class it was double salchow, this time it was double loop, last season it was single axel.......did i accomplish any of those?.... no

Google