Monday, October 31, 2005

Halloween

Woke up by dad's coughing at 5:35am. Had a slight pressure/headache in my head.
Got up and cooked broccoli and cauliflower for office halloween potluck party.
I was half asleep and put in the veggie before the water was boiled, then I had to take each one of them out by hand. After it's cooked I put them in a plate that's actually too big but didn't notice it until I had put the sauce in. Then I had to carefully move them out to a smaller dish. Then I realized the mustard had actually expired last year but it smelled and tasted ok. Then I realized there's not enuf sauce and I had to make another batch, luckily I bought extra cheese and yogurt.

Then did my usual workout, only ran 33 mins.

At work, found out that I messed up my version numbers. Now, I don't know which build is which version.... spent several hrs fixing it.

Potluck was fun. A few ppl dressed up in costume. The one who won had a fake pencil staking thru his face and a sheet that says he handed in his timesheet late.
There was a lot of food, I had:
- salad, pinch of chocolate rice crisps, fried noodles with peppers and pork strips, pita sushi, rice noodle roll, chinese fried rice, pasta w/ chili sauce, marinated smoked salmon jerkys, grapes, chips, sherpherd's pie, lasagna, apple pie, ice cream, mango mousse cake (with pomelo) and spring roll.
I already controlled myself to have small portion (eg. a 1/3 of a hand, my small hand) but still felt sick afterwards.
I skipped:
- pickles, potato salad, nainamo bars, pop, raw veggie w/ dip, baby shrimps with tomato sauce and sour cream, chicken wings, scary looking green finger cookie with almond nail, cookies that look like they'r from x'mas, and chocolate candies.

No comments:

Google