Monday, July 25, 2005

Sikh

Woke up early and went to 8 o'clock church.
Then went to John's place sat around a bit and headed off to New West for his friend's open house "party".

We went to Best Buy but it was not opened yet, so we went to Wal-Mart and got a decoration thing, a small fountain w/ candle holder. Also got water conditioner and Cycle for my fishies, and new whole grain Quaker mini crispy, one cinnamin, and the other parmesan and cheddar cheese. The cinnamin one tasted kinda weird, but it's quite good after you got used to it.

The "party" was running a lil late, so when we got there it had not really started yet. Had to sit thru about an hr of Sikh service, totally boring, had no idea what the "preacher" is mumbling or singing about. But, I got to wear a shawl/hanky and it looked cute on me. mmm... maybe i should buy one someday.
After the service, we got indian food and stood eating (since no seat at first).
Very tasty rice with bean, cauliflower w/ orange sauce, pita w/ 3 kinds of dip (spicy weird orange sauce w/ potatoes, sour cream w/ corn that looks like corn chowder, yummy curry sauce w/ some kind of spice or beans), watermelon, pineapple, strawberry, salad, and an orange deep fried sweet flour thing.
Very full in the end.

Afterwards, we went to Best Buy again, only to find out that the deal on the flyer is gone and the package that we wanted to buy does not have the monitor w/ it anymore.
We went back to Richmond.
I ate some more and John studied some more.
Around 6 we went to driving range. John broke his skin, should buy glove soon.
Got free coffee and donut.
I still suck at golf.
We went back to John's place and watched Simpsons and Family Man together, I also brought along my Harry Potter book and read it in between commercials and when I don't find the show interesting.
I cooked 2 eggs w/ some palentio (the eggs were awesome but not the palentio) and fried some of the fish cubes (already seasoned, quite good) that my parents got at the fish shop in Aberdeen center.

2 comments:

koala said...

Interesting weekend, why did you go to the Sikh service?

I went to Best Buy a few times too, didn't think their deals are that impressive, not much better than Future Shop.

Bunny said...

It's John's friend's open house party.

Google