Monday, July 04, 2005

BDAY weekend

Thurs
Was planning for bubble tea in Leisure but couldn't find parking, not so lucky this time. We went to Homayi instead, and had drinks and dessert for supper :). I had the Aloe with mixed fruit drinks, and John had the mango puree drink (very soothing). We had mango pudding with coconut jelly inside, and banana crepe with ice cream. All very nice, except that they were all sweet and cold. Kinda want to eat something hot and salty afterwards, sweet sensory overloaded.
Got extremely nice gift from John. A white gold necklace with a teardrop shaped pendant with 2 diamonds, very good design ^__^.
Went to play Pitch and Putt, I suck with the new club that is too long for me. Except 2 5s, all the rest were 6s.


Fri
Went to Salmon Festival down in Steveston, saw the parade. Not much floats. Many had nothing to do with the festival, like business advertising. Got temporary tattoo, sorta my goal to get there.
Had Greek food. Seafood sampler and Eek Mak. Love the dessert, first time I had it.
Also had Matcha Latte @ Blenz, got the non-sweetened kind, not bad.
Also bought the juice concentrate with Mangoneez (?sp) in it. Said it's antiviro (anti-HIV)<--that i don't really believe, immune system booster, has flavonoids, antioxidants, ...etc.
After lunch, went to the cannery, free admission. Saw the lil movie in there, quite neat.
After that, we went to see the Japanese museum and the shipyard that we never saw them open except this day.
Extremely tired afterwards, all the walking and standing.
Saw "Robson Arms", weird episodes this time.
First one is about a gay couple, one partner is young, in his 20s or 30s, the other is in his 40s or 50s. Altho I don't really have an issue with gay ppl, but still not very comfortable seeing them kissing on TV.
The other one is about an affair, the female is in her 50s while the male is in his 20s or 30s. According to the episode, the female's husband is much older than the female, so she felt unappreciated. But, in my opinion, they look the same age.....


Sat
Boating practice with the other team together in one boat.
For our team, Dez was the only guy that showed up. Had a pretty good practice, only splashed the person in front of me once. Very good workout too, felt the euphoria that I felt after I had a long run. We did 5 pyramids and 3 to 4 sprints with start.
At the end of the practice, I almost couldn't feel my legs.
Showered then had dim sum with family.
2 hours later had supper with John and his family in a Greek restaurant.
I like John's order more, Moussaki, eggplant "lasgana".
I had the beef ball appetizer, to me it's like an entree. Don't like it very much, too spicy.
Went home and then saw TV together while snacking on cherries and cherry peaches (from the backyard).


Sunday
Went to church, talked about the difficult path that's ahead for the catholic now that same sex marriage is legal.
Went to Coquitlam for my boating team's pool party. Pally's place is awesome. Super nice hardwood floor, 3 floors, nice pool (altho too small for laps), cute dog and big cat. Lots of food.
I had 1.5 hamburger steak, 1 garlic curry chicken steak, 1.5 beef rib eye black peppered steak, lots of fruits (blueberries, kiwi, pineapple, mandarin orange slices, orange slices, strawberries with dip made with marshmallow, cream cheese, and ??yogurt, cherries), instant noodle salad, one chicken wing. Did not have any sausage or bun.
John did not have a good time there, since he doesn't know anyone there. My fault, shouldn't have drag him out there.
Later, we went to Riverside golf store and bought a 7 iron, a kiddie one. Tried it out in driving range. Not bad, farthest I hit was about 80 85. Phew.... finally my club is not trying to tear my arm away. What a relief! It's so nice there, free coffee and one free mini-donut. I know I shouldn't have the coffee but it's too tempting when it's free. And actually I've just found out that the other driving range offers free coffee and donut too, except that u won't see any donut if u didn't go there early in the morning.
Maybe in a yr or two, I deserve a whole set of clubs... but I donno it's just seem too complicated for my lil brain to know which club to use in a real golf course. And, not to mention that it's expensive.

No comments:

Google