Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Super Busy Weekend

Took morning off for a doctor's appointment.
Skated 1.5hrs before. Saw an old man there, asked me if I compete..... how come ppl always ask me that... i'm only doing single jumps...still. He was skating pretty smooth, and was practicing Ina Bouer, skate in a straight line with heels facing each other.

Worked only a lil and then went to have family dinner. John's sister's family was there.
Played with Kamran a lil. He's so cranky, but still very cute.
Played a lil "hockey" with John and his niece and cousin. John apparently is very good at it, had all the right moves.
Had roasted chicken and salads. The calorie-wise sun dried tomato oregano salad dressing was so good. I did not have too much since I'm still full from lunch.
Went to Central Park and learned that you need your own clubs to play the twilight session, same with the Renfrew court. The Renfrew court seemed too complicated for me, curvy landscape, and has water hazard. And, it's 18 holes.

Rainy sat practice. We only had 10 paddlers. We mostly focused on technique and timing, it was a very relaxing practice.

Later, went to John's sister-in-law's wedding in a Lutheran church in New West, then banquet in a hall. John's niece was the flower girl, and cousin the ring bearer. They were all dressed up and looked very cute.
After an hour or so, we had the banquet in a hall. It was decorated very beautifully.
There was a lot of food.
Appetizer - bun, 2 very salty slices of ham, lettuce, olives, tomato, cantaloupe, and a ball of very gumy chewy cheese.
Pasta - a 3 inches x 3 inches Lasagna
Main Course and salad - roast beef with super tasty roasted potatoes (never had such wonder potatoes in my whole life), beans, and carrots
Dessert - a slice of wedding cake

All ladies got a gift to take home, a cake serving knife with 5 (for good luck) yogurt/sugar dipped almonds. Since the receiving line was so very long, I could not resist and had 3 almonds before they started to serve the food.
I also took home the centerpiece (flowerly square candle holder) on our table, since my bday is the closest to the wedding date, and John's mom let me took it altho it's hers that's the closest. That's so nice of her.

There were dancing while the cakes were being served.
Since John didn't feel very good, ate cheese against my advice, so we did not dance
:'( so very disappointed...
We left early, even before the kids...and too lazy to say goodbye to the bride....

The kids were cranky and sleepy the whole nite but they took nap and got second wind afterwards. Every time I hold Kamran, he started to wake up and cried....
It's a long day for them.

Free Sun Alcan Practice
- practiced in Gemini, the boat i hate
- my left hand kept slipping upwards
- got soaked thru and very very tired during the whole practice
- i did learn one new thing, how to paddle backwards
- got my new paddle, 46.5 looks like altho i ordered 47
going to put hockey tape on it and see if it helps
- still no team T-shirt... what a rip-off.... i want my T-shirt :'(
apparently they cut the wrong size and had to fix it

Afterwards, went golfing with John.
I had improved, but still bad.
My scores were 5,4,6,6,5,5,6,6,4 = 47, 2 behind John.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cameron is the name of my 2nd nephew. It's one of those popular last name's as a first name names.

"apparently" a good hockey player is the relevant word. you actually seem good too, i think you would enjoy it. todd apparently is a very good player in his day. I will have stiff competition for the world's greatest uncle from all 3. maybe i will have to give back the mug. it has some dust on it.

You are improving very well, and will probably beat me soon one day, at least on the golf course.
but, their is no senior tour for ladies, only guys, so i have 29 years until i make the senior male tour.
:-)

Bunny said...

Oh sorry there. I thought Cameron starts with a "K". First name last name all sounds the same to me.

Peter won't be an uncle anytime soon.....unless he already is.

No ladies tour?? That's so discriminating... oh btw.. I came across an episode of Jessica's newlywed. They were playing golf and Jessica was having a hard time. I remember that she said something like "I bet you none of those professional ladies have boobs. They get in the way." I recalled that someone made a statement like that once and got into trouble.

Google