It's been such a wonderful weekend besides the rain.
We finished 7th in Division C, a division ahead than we were expected to compete in.
My new nick name is pinky. It's picked after I changed into my pink sweatpants.
The races were all very difficult, we were right heavy all the time.
My butt kept sliding off to the right. Had such a hard time to do any rotation and to keep both of my hands outside and to the left of the boat.
My friends, family and John all came to see me. John hugged me eventho I was all soaking wet after the race :P. Usually I splash myself, but not the last race. When we were heading towards the start line, a boat came towards us and splashed me all over, front, right, and center, ten times worse than my own splashing.
Science World is free during the whole event.
Got to see a lot of interesting things, but were about to get sick of it after visiting it for so many times.
Still waiting to see the official final results. I think our time was 2:24 min the last race (the route was 500m). We raced in Gemini throughout the whole race event, and we were practicing in 6x16 the whole season. Gemini is such a tippy crammy boat, hard to rotate in, and very sensitive to any movement. Oh... and our caller dropped her water bottle into the water when we were heading towards the starting line.
There were many free stuffs giveaway. I got a free mini personal fan.
There were one tent that gives away a bag of free stuffs. Seriously, no kidding, a whole bag of stuffs, junk food, food, cans... etc etc. The lineup was terribly long so I didn't get into it.
After I gave rides to 2 of my boatmates, I went home took a shower, went to church, and then went to see John, and watched TV together. I was very very tired.
2 comments:
the dragon boat festival was fun, you guys did well. it seems like the teams that beat you were stronger and more experienced.
IT IS A LOT OF FUN!
More in sync is more like it.
Post a Comment