Fri nite, we went to Crush for my boating team fundraiser party. Got there early (8:40-ish) and got a free drink, Shirley Temple. Danced a lil while and left just before 11. My pinkies were hurting at the end of the nite. Didn't sleep till 12:30 I think.
The next day I was able to wake up around 7:15, and somehow thought the practice was at 12:00 and missed it by a whole hour!!! Stupid me.
We had 3 races and we came in last, last, and probably second to last (or last again).
I was so very tired for some reason.
In the first race, I had trouble doing rotation since we're in a boat with seats much much shorter than the one we practiced in. My friend's team was second to last I think.
In the second and third race, we got to paddle in boat that's like our practice boat.
But still, I felt tired in the middle of the race, altho we did much better than the first race. It was 2"21 or so the second race, and 2"30 sth the first race. Big improvement.
Somehow I had trouble with back paddling while we're positioning and lining up the boat to the starter line. Felt like my left arm was gonna give out on the last few back paddle strokes. And, on all the second half of the races, I felt that I had lost my stamina. Also, I found that I had trouble keeping up with the boat. It's like I's gonna fall backwards and so I couldn't rotate forward as much as I could have. Next time, I'm gonna sit at the very edge of the seat so that the edge of the seat will push me as the boat propels forward. Then, I can conserve my energy and use them on my paddles instead of struggling to keep up with the boat. Or, I should have crouch more forward all the time.
Ate so much in between races, my teammates brought snacks and wholesome food as well:
- 2 Yaki Onigiri with tuna and mayo (wrapped with seaweed), and another one with purpleish Japanese herbs.
- one brownie (home made)
- few Nachos
- half apple struddle (from safeway i think)
- half a chocolate caramel protein bar
Oh, and I had trouble finding my water after the first race, some girl took care of all of our bottles then disappeared. It wasn't until after the second race that we found them by our tent.
No comments:
Post a Comment