I bought 2 platies on Wed and then on Thurs nite I started to see some fries in the tank. No, not french fries. I mean platy babies. I went to bed around 11 but were worried that other fishes are gonna eat up the fries. I kept thinking and thinking and finally decided to put the fries in a plastic bag and hang it at the corner inside the tank. I stayed up till 1:00am to catch all the fries. There were about 15 of them.




The next day I took a day off and went to the aquarium and got a baby saver, a small net tank to hang inside the aquarium. Also, I bought GH+ to increase the hardness of the water. Platy actually prefers 10dH. My water is only 4dH. The adults don't seem to mind but I better play it safe with the babies.
During the rest of the weekend it's basically dim sum and dim sum (went to Shi Art and Gingeri) and taking care of the fishes.
Went to Kirin with John's dad and my family. Very nice dinner. We had cold plate appetizer (smoked salmon, jelly fish strips, soy bean wrap with mushroom aka veggie duck, pork slices aka horseshoe, chinese ham), shark fin soup, lobster (the best I'd ever had), fish, dried abalone with mushroom and bok choy, oily chicken in wooden bucket, thick yellow noodles, and red bean soup.
Did go out to see a movie with John, Borat. Such a disappointment!!!! Parts of it were just too gross for me. Although I had to admit that it made me laugh.
Fertilizer:
www.thekrib.com/Plants/Fertilizer/pmdd-tim.html
Got Epsom salt (MgSO4-7H2O, fully hydrated magnesium sulfate) from John.
Went to Rona and got Potassium Nitrate (stump remover).
Went to Art Knapp and got Potassium Sulphate.
I forgot to buy Boric Acid.
The only downside with putting in fertilizer is that I could not find any test kit for the chemicals that I'm about to put into my water....
No comments:
Post a Comment