Monday, November 20, 2006

DirectBuy

Went to DirectBuy on Sat, and we joined. It's either now or never, have to decide right on the spot. I really hate that. Because of the hefty membership fee, we were hesistant at first but they showed us some of their catalogues and I did find nice things and I did have to buy lots of things to fill up my new apartment. However, after talking to a few friend of mine... I'm starting to regrett slightly.... but I can get high quality stuff and I do like high quality stuff. I'd rather not buy at all, leave the house empty than go to buy cheap quality stuffs....

Aside from that, did nothing much this weekend other than maintaining my fish tank. I cut out a lot of algae covered leaves from before and cleaned out the alage on glass on the front. After dosing with iron supplement and epsom salt, my plants seem to be doing much better this week. But, the improvement seems to have stopped a bit now. I also changed the water on Sun eventho the water is still a bit muddy from the storm. The nitrate was as high as 20ppm, can't afford to not change it especially now that I have babies inside. But, after a while, the water in the tank is all clear again. I think the filter that I use for the tank is even better than the filter that I use to get water for boiling.

Bought two books, "The time traveller's wife" and Stephen King's new novel "Lisey's Story". The former I could never get it at the library, and the latter is on sale and I constantly need to either renew books or forget to return them and pay fine for it.
Also bought a CD, "Eye to the Telescope" - KT Kunstall, I love the "Devil wears Prada" theme song too much...

No comments:

Google