Sunday, April 17, 2005

Fun Weekend (part 1)

Fri nite
Stayed at work till about 8pm. Finished all my integration work and putback all my changes :). Silly me....made a wrong assumption of the old code (i.e. it's bug free) ...took me 2 whole days to fix it
Got home @ 8:30, had supper, and watched a few mins of TV and went to bed. So tired. I only got 3 hrs of sleep on the previous day... too excited from skating, couldn't sleep.

Sat
Eventhough it's raining, I woke up at 6:15 and went boating anyway. Although this time my leg couldn't quite reach the back of the seat in front of me (somehow the space between the seats were wider this time), I had such a great time, such a good workout. I'm starting to know how to use the rotation to paddle. Kevin (.. how come all my coaches are named Kevin...) even said that I'm doing a good job. He also said that I'm splashing a lil at the end, but I didn't quite know how to fix that. I figured out how to pull out sort of mid-thigh... by rotating the paddle a lil in the end... but then he said that I was splashing... so maybe that's not right. I signed up for the earth training on Sunday. I'm not looking forward to it too much... cuz I don't quite know how to get to and out of that community center. And, I've heard that parking is miserable there.
My back did not hurt too much this time, my left thigh is a lil sore from trying to stablize my body while I'm doing the paddling cuz my legs are too short for the seat that I'm in.
I would have joined them for lunch if my runners were not soaking wet (and if I didn't have "phobia" of driving to a new place). There were several inches of water in all the boats. I was trying to follow the rule to not step on the seat, so to walk across to the farthest boat I had to plunge my feet into the freezing water.
There is more coaching this time. More focused on technique instead of power and more talking to the other team. We introduced ourselves. As always, I forgot about everyone's names right after. I'm surprised to find that quite a few ppl have just recently moved back from Japan.
We now have 2 team names to vote on. "Jeti" (i - kanji in Japanese, love) or "Jeti knights". It started from Andrea's (our warmup girl) suggestion of "Return of the Jedi"

After boating, I went home took a shower and had lunch with family. Shanghai food this time. Very nice. Then took out $$ from the bank so that I can pay the boating team next week.

Went to see John after lunch. On our way to Granville Island, we drove pass the figure skating shop and I went in and bought the 50bux pants with pads... so expensive. John went to Subway and had the 6-foot long angus beef sub all by himself (since I'm already full from lunch with family.. should have invitied John... :P).

Granville Island is such an interesting place. There are many interesting knick knack stores and art studios there. I wanted to buy the pina colada soap, but it's 7 bux, too expensive for a bar of soap I think. There were quite a few bakery shop there. I saw the "pita" that was served in "Herons". I wanted to buy the crisp bread but there's sort of a line up there and I know how John hates lineup and that I should spend less.

Went back to my place and did some video editing for John's assignment. Took us a while to figure out how the VCR/TV/cam should be connected. Then we watched "Maid in Manhattan". I was too tired, didn't finish watching the last 30mins of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you will get producer credit for my film due to your great editing skills and cinematography for your camera skills. plus, you won't have to do take part on the casting couch

Bunny said...

take part on the couch? huh? what do u mean....

Anonymous said...

Hey Mk :)

i'm interested in the 50 bux pants with pads you bought....so they were pants with pads to support your bum :P? i've been looking for that cuz i'm so afriad to fall down now when rollerblading, $50 is a bit expensive though. :)

bearbear


Posted by: Winnie | April 19, 2005 11:01 PM

COOL! I have a comment!
Yup. Pads on the side and pad on the tailbone.
I guess you can use that for inline skating as well.
For rollerblading I'll be more concerned with getting my skin peeled.
I totally agree... it's so expensive :(. And, it actually didn't help my fear of falling down... it's all psychological.

Posted by: Maria | April 20, 2005 01:50 PM

Google