Fri nite
Went to McDonald with John. He tried the double hamburger. I had nothing.
Rented movies. Had John's cereal.
Watched "What the bleep do we know about". A very philosophical movie, quite interesting and different.
Sat
Dragon boating in the morning. Didn't do very well this time... got promoted and then demoted. My left butt hurts. I'm bringing in a pad next time.
The girl in front of me was too fast. I had trouble keeping up with her and as a result I splashed A LOT... and she was soaked in the end... :(.
After boating, went to see John. We went to the Vancouver Eat Festival. It was fun. Saw Rob Feenie and Bob in person. Bob looked much bigger in person. Didn't stay around and watched their shows tho... I'm more interested in all the food around me.. hehee. I did regret that I missed Bob's show since it's free red wine with duck and steak.....
Sampled quite a lot of food, some were free, some u need to pay:
free Salmon bit (not very good)
5 tix crepe with strawberry cream (love this)
5 tix burger with beef brisket (not very good)
free ginger ice cream (very good)
free vanilla yogurt (very good)
free plum yogurt (quite good)
1 tix caramel cream coffee (quite good)
1 tix sausage (? buffalo?... quite good)
free sausage bit with hickery sauce (x2)(ok)
free tofu chicken bit
free decaf coffee
free flat bread pieces
free mango smoothie
free meat with Knorr sauce
free swedish hazelnut cookie
free sweet bakery bit
5 tix steak and ale pie (it's a 1/4 of a pie, quite good)
free green tea and flowery candy (very very good, the tea)
...
Wine that we tasted:
2 tix Lichee Li (Very good, not a hint of bitterness)
1 tix Lime soda (quite good)
1 tix Green tea (Very good and Unique)
2 tix Score (Very good)
2 tix Yellow Tail (bitter)
5 tix some kind of white wine
2 tix rasberry wine (very rasberry)
2 tix another kind of white wine
Free Hazelnut Coffee Mudshake (ok)
Free Orange Mudshake (very orange)
...
It wasn't too bad. I paid 12 bux for 20 tix, John paid 5 bux (+ 1 buck from me) for 10 tix. We tried a lot of different alcohol. I like the "Score" and "Lichee Li" (or was it Lichee Light). I am going to buy the pink Lichee wine next time I go into a wine store. Bought the green tea... need to find a tea whisket to make it.
Watched "Closer". I love it. Very good choice. I thought it would be boring at first.
Went to Steveston for a walk. Nice and cool. Tried Pistachio ice cream, not as good as the one in Aberdeen Center.
Bought groceries.
Sun
Went to Church. Father Dennis is leaving us to take care of his parents. So sad.
Went to Community Center in Granville Island. I now know how to get there. Yay! I'm still not too sure how I got out tho. Did a few mins on the rowing machine. I still don't think I got it.
Ran running with John. Did 11 laps.
Played badminton for over 2 hrs. My feet were about to form blister...
Cooked pan fried pork with seasoning (got from the food show) + salt and garlic + canned mushroom. It was good!
Today
ALL SORE !!!!!!
2 comments:
the salmon tasted terrible because it was farmed........the crepes were ok, but too sweet. the muskox was very good, i love "game" meat now......the bisket burger was ok. i ate alot becuz maria would try something and kindly over it to me.
the nestle coffee was too sweet.
the rasberry wine was very good, the lichi was ok, the green tea with vodka was very good...the regular green tea, was too "sea-weedy". the 5 tickets from the young man was over priced. i like red wine now, more than white.
and i like it that its so less intense as compared to scotch.
The crepes were a lil on the sweet side.
Ate too much? .... I kinda think that that's what bf is for...
The sea-weedy green tea is very unique.
Lichi wine was fantastic.
Rasberry wine would be much better if there is no alcohol in it....
Definitely over priced!!! 5!!!
Post a Comment