Monday, January 24, 2005

Weekend

Fri nite
Went to John's place after work.
Had pasta (no meat).
We rented "Cat woman". It was ok. There were parts that the CGI was quite unrealistic. But, the slow motion of Halle Berry doing a figure-8 in the air was very cool. The cats were very cute too. The lady in "Six feet under" was also in there. I had no idea. She looked like she had gained a few pounds.

Sat
Woke up early in the morning. Found out that Mira got 3rd place in the news! It was so cool. Woke Tim up and told him to move the dinner to 6 since I'd like to have enuf time to get home to watch skating.
Later, went to the bank and did my RRSP.... so poor now.
It seems like a good idea to do RRSP but physically I'm feeling that my money is disappearing into the bank.
Then, went home and did my workout. Ran 48mins. In the end, I felt good except for my left hand. Somehow the veins were all jutting and were very painful when I put it down. So, the workout ended. Otherwise, I believe I'd like a 50min run. Might be something to do with high blood pressure or high heartbeat.
Afterwards, went to downtown with John and "picked up" the hockey DVDs. Also visited Chapters. Couldn't find the "America" book. In Starbucks, bought reduced fat apple caramel coffee cake and strawberry blueberry smoothie. They were very good.
Then we went back to John's place for a lil while.
Got a call from my high school friend. Had a good chat. She wanted me to go to her Salsa dance class in Vancouver on Fri nite... but I donno. I don't want to spend anymore money and I always have trouble remembering things. Her bf didn't want to meet with us but that's ok.
At 6:00, went to Earls. Ordered the salmon salad. John ordered the Burger. Josie ordered the chicken apple sandwich with Tomato cream sauce. It looked very yummy. Tim ordered something really big with lots of fries in it.
Later we shared the Mocha pie. The mocha ice cream was fantastic. It's been a while since I had real ice cream. I didn't like the oreo cookie, too bitter.
Then John and I went back to my place to watch skating. So disappointed... they only showed man, and pairs..... I checked later that the ladies broadcast was on Thurs and Fri!!! I thought it'd be on Sat... since the commercial says so. :(

Sun
Went to church. The priest said the archbishop allowed us to celebrate Chinese New Year on Ash Wed, but we'd have to fast on another day. Yay!
Went to Northern Delicacy in Aberdeen Center with my family. It was very nice, except that last bowl of noodles, seems like they forgot to put any salt in. It had no taste at all. But, I'd still want to go there.... since I absolutely love their beef and cucumber wrapped with baked pastry, and their fantastic brown sesame paste bun.
Then went to Daiso and bought basin and strainer. Also, lettuce. I don't want him to eat lettuce that's not properly washed. I also wanted to buy a bigger chopping board and knife but didn't have the time.
For supper, had pan fried fish with lemon and peanut sauce at John's place. Too much lemon on the first try, but it's still good. I don't quite like the peanut sauce. It tasted a lil like salsa. I like the sweet kind more. Then I went home and watched some Alias (sis was watching the DVDs), Desperate Housewives, and Numbers/Six Feet Under.

Today
Woke up late and worked out late. Only did 11 laps.
Then had to go get gas.
Skating today wasn't very good. I've totally lost my layback spin, but my counter clockwise backward crossover was more natural today. As usual, I still haven't got back my waltz jump.
Later, I'm planning to go to John's place. Hopefully, it won't be too late.

No comments:

Google