Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Thanksgiving weekend

Had a pretty good thanksgiving weekend. Did not do one bit of work work and also not much housework. Should start cleaning the bathroom and coffee table and countertop again....

Made 2 meals, curry shrimp with rice and non-spicy version Dan Dan Mian. Brought the noodles to Sun's Thanksgiving dinner. I think I didn't boil the noodles enuf so I left it in the wok to simmer a bit more and..... the sauce was kinda dried out and soaked into the noodles afterwards.

My in-law made turkey using fresh turkey and the usual salad and also shrimp cocktail. I liked the fresh turkey more than the frozen turkey. Also, there was exceptionally good homemade pumpkin pie and chocolate cream pie (which I didn't try any). My sis also brought in some really good pastries from chinese bakery.

On Sun, we finished the left over turkey drumstick, shrimps, and pumpkin pie. I thought to myself that I didn't need to cook this whole week but it looks like I still need to, once.

Had a whole day shopping spree on Mon. Got John 3 pieces of clothing but going to return one. Bought myself a wood mortar and pestle (on sale, half price), a good spoon rest set (no more messy clean up from dropping chopsticks onto kitchen floor), and a wine stopper. All from my $50.00 The Bay gift card which I reimbursed with my points. I still have 9 bux left on it.

Also, bought 2 books from Chapters on Sat. I caved after a few hrs standing around in the store..... already finished one of them, Twenties Girl. It was great!!

Caught up on all shows (Supernatural, Fringe, Vampire Dairies, Dexter, Flash Forward, Medium, Dollhouse, Smallville), except Desperate Housewives. "Vampire Dairies" is officially my favorite show, besides "Dexter". "Dexter" is getting very good now, can't wait for the next episode.

No comments:

Google