Monday, July 07, 2008

Relaxing weekend

Took a break this weekend.

Went to John's friend's sis's "pre-wedding dinner" on fri nite. Most of the food was deep fried and very spicy. We both got quite sick afterwards. I was invited to watch the ceremony inside the house while John waited outside. They put lots and lots of bracelets on the bride and there was some singing. Many ppl gave her a hug and some money. I had no idea what's going on and I didn't have any cash on me...

Saw "Hancock" on Sat in the theater. It was different than what I had expected. It wasn't like Mutant X or X-Men or any of the superheroes movies. It was funny in parts. It felt like a prequel.

Had company picnic on Sun in New West's Queen's Park. It was a gorgeous day. Our company booked the Lodge House and we had catering. It was more like a lunch gathering than a picnic. The food was great except for the meat patties, most of which were undercooked, very medium rare. I just had salad and salmon. The salmon was great. The dessert afterwards was very good as well. There were raspberry cheesecake, mocha cheesecake, pecan chocolate tart, mocha coffee cake, and some kind of very sweet tart. It was just awesome.
After the lunch, some of us went to play softball. I donno anything about softball so I went to the petting zoo. There were pigs, chickens, goats, ducks, baby cow, peacocks, kittens, rabbits, and cats. Not all of which you can pet, some of them were inside cages and some were hiding in the "animal rest area" where ppl were not supposed to go into. I managed to pet one of the baby goats before it went away. It was so cute and clean. The goats were funny, there all wanted to nip at my jeans and my bag.
I watched my coworkers played softball for a while after the petting zoo. It was very confusing and I had no idea what's going on. They also played soccer and frisbee.

After the picnic, I went back home and had a swim. Scraped my hand at the side of the pool. While I was swimming, the fire alarm in the building went off. I was probably in the safest place if it was real.

Then... in the morning had a splitting headache... probably from lack of oxygen during my swim.... I did feel light headed after the swim.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i should teach you about softball and baseball one day.

Anonymous said...

I'm a little bit regret that I didn't go to the picnic this year...
Fibbi

Google