Monday, July 28, 2008

Dandruff Car

Took a sick day off on Tue... sore throat then slight fever. I felt much better in the evening and was able to attend to my ex-coworker gathering.
Bought a pair of slippers in Lansdown, half price about $6 after tax. It's very comfortable, it has an arch support.
Worked on proofreading John's assignment... gave up around page 20.... out of 222 pages.... It literally gave me a headache.

Finished my design doc @ work. Finished the core part of implementation. I hope that I will be able to finish everything by Thurs so that I can take my days off starting Fri at peace ... or at all....

Worked out Tue evening, Wed, Thurs, and Fri morning. My back is now killing me. Either from the eclipse or from sitting funny next to my sofa... but most likely it's the eclipse machine.

Finally washed my car at my parents' place (and had 3 painful back "spasm" while kneeling down to wash the bottom part of the passenger doors ... but afterwards it's fine) and discovered that my car was affected by the incident in Nov last yr.... "

It has been determined that the substance is Hydrochloric Acid; however, there has been no determination as to where this substance is coming from. The investigation is still active and the next step is to find out what company in the area is behind the leak of the substance.

ICBC is working closely with the GVRD to determine where the chemical is coming from, once this is determined, they will need to work with that responsible company to have this stopped. This may be a lengthy process and until this happens, the Hydrochloric Acid will continue to be airborne.

This chemical damage is quite common and is no cause for alarm. The suggestion from ICBC is not to have any repairs done to your vehicle until after there is a stop to the leak. Additionally, I will remind you that you have 2 years from the date of the damage to submit a claim, but that you are obligated to let ICBC know as soon as you notice damage on your vehicle.

Looks like I have 2 yrs to submit the claim.... hope I can repaint my car..... what a hassle...

I find that it's actually quite easy to wash car..... much more so than washing a fish tank, requires half an hr less of time. I should be able to keep this up from now on.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you didn't wash your car since last year...but since your car is more damaged, you should able to go for repaint! :)
Fibbi

Anonymous said...

you can wash either one of my cars anytime. that incident at work in the parking lot appears to be quite serious.

Google