Monday, June 30, 2008

Bday weekend

It was a hush hush bday weekend for me.
Because we're releasing on Monday, I had to work during the weekends.
Worked remotely Sat and Sun morning, and came in to work during the afternoon on Sun after church.. then had to rush and leave and go to my bday/July bday family dinner.
Altogether, worked about 5 hrs on Sat and 7 hrs on Sun. Manager said I could take a couple of days off next week for the OT... but I donno.... maybe it only applies if I really did fix everything by Mon but then I didn't...

On Sat, John and I went to this fancy restaurant for my birthday, Le Crocodile.
It was so nice :D.
Appetizers:

Ris de Veau Poêlés, Sauce crémeuse aux Truffes Noires et Foie-Gras (Pan-Seared Veal Sweetbreads, Black Truffled Foie-Gras Cream Sauce)

Onion Tart

Main course:
The Caribou Special

The Sea Bass Special

Dessert:
Grand Marnier Souffle
Time to pay the bill.
Crocodile chocolates, very suiting.

Before dinner, we walked around in downtown and went by H&M and the Mac store. Nothing special in H&M. It's fully packed and very long line-ups. The Mac store was pretty cool. They've got lots of display to play around with.

I've got some really nice bday gifts this year.
Stars On Ice ticket from John, + the nice dinner.
Framed photo of me in Sun Run and hand-made bday card from my friend.
... unknown gift from my sis (so busy.. didn't get a chance to go to my parents home)

One really sad news. Because I was so busy during weekends, I skipped my regular water change for my goldfish tank. Just today, I heard that my fattest biggest goldfish had passed away :'(.

1 comment:

Petti said...

Oh food is so nice. Love the onion tart and the souffle. The Crocodile chocolate is so cute.

Google