Made Curry Chicken on Sat, and Stewed Beef on Sun.
The curry chicken wasn't so good. I think I put in too much spices.
The Stewed Beef tasted quite good but the sauce could be done a bit better, it's a bit watery... maybe put some egg yolk in next time to make it incorporate better.
For the curry chicken I just followed my friend's recipe loosely.... the curry wasn't the curry that she used and the chicken wasn't pound for pound.
For the Stewed Beef, it's devised from the recipe in my French cookbook, the "slow cooked simmering beef" recipe.
Herb: Basil, Parsley.
Seasoning: salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, olive oil.
Covered the beef with herb and seasoning and put it in the fridge to let it marinate for a few hours. Then, pan fried the beef a lil. Get the beef out, and then put in chopped veggie, carrots, celery, and potatoes with the beef marinate. Pan fried the veggie for a few mins with 2 tsp of becel then put back the beef in, and put in some milk and half and half cream, and let it simmer for 15mins about.
The original recipe uses 1 whole bottle of red wine and pork belly and had to let the beef marinate overnite.....It also uses bay leaf which I don't have... and too lazy to go out and buy it.
Aside from the cooking, also watched "The Ruins" this weekend. It's very gross and scary. Many scenes I had to turn my head away.
On Sunday morning, just before church, we went to the Minoru track and ran for 15 laps. I took a break at 11th lap and walked for half a lap. It took me 33mins to finish 6km. I donno how well I'd do in Sun Run with the hills and the fact that it's almost twice as long.
Almost went into work on Sun after church. But, I mistakenly taken John's keys with me so I had to go back and then didn't want to drive back to the other side of Richmond.
We went to "The Bay" and shopped for him instead. Then, I started preparing dinner and the 2 other dinners for the weekday, just marinate the steak and the chicken. Worked from 4pm till 7pm. Then, did laundry and clean dishes and finally got to sit back and relax around 8pm. Then, hanged (line dried) my clothes for half an hr... and was ready for "Dexter". It's our regular Sunday nite show. It's very good and different from other shows.
1 comment:
I enjoy watching Dexter, too!
Post a Comment