On Sun, went to church then to Aberdeen Center. Waited for 15mins for Papa Beard's to open and another 10mins before I got my cream puffs. They still have the "sold out" sign for the éclair. I actually went there for the éclair but thought that I might as well get the cream puffs too since I was there already. The cashier said they usually do it every morning but they didn't do it that morning... I doubt it. I think they'd only done it once.
Then, went to downtown to pick up some books and shopped around Granville. There r so many neat stores and cool galleries, Kurbatoff gallery especially.
We had a decent big breakfast in a place which was extremely crowded when we went in but once we sat down half the ppl were gone. It's like we scared them off.




After breakfast we went to the "Dear" shop across the street. They have lots of cute stuffs.


Then we went to William Sonoma and a few furniture stores (EQ3, Industrial Revolution), Hardware Restoration, Pottery Barn, and Boboli (too nice for us...), and a few art galleries.

Then afterwards I went to Richmond Center and shopped for almost 3 hrs and then cleaned my fish tank for about 2 hrs..... a very exhausting day. So after 3 cream puffs in a row (240 calories each) and a big breakfast... I still managed to loose one pound....
4 comments:
the corned beef hash was ok, but i think i make a better one at home.
it was kind of fun to check out some stores and galleries that we drive by sometimes.
Where did you go for brunch? The food looked good!! I also went to Williams-Sonoma on Boxing Day and got a few things.
I really want to try those cream puffs! I waited in line for over half an hour on Christmas Day and gave up. The people ahead of me had been in line for 2 hours already!
I forgot the name of the restaurant.... some cafe on Granville.
Those cream puffs are soso.... not worth waiting an hr for. The cream custard is fantastic but the pastry is hard and cold. If you really want to try, I recommend that you wait there before or when they open at 11am.
It's was called Paul's place.
the omlettery.
I find the papa beard cream puffs overrated as well. but the cream is good. and it is worth it to try it.
Post a Comment