Monday, December 10, 2007

Cold Cold Cold

Started getting sick on Fri nite, but by Sat I'm already feeling better after taking Benylin. I still believe in the flu shot. At least I didn't get a flu or fever this year...

Had x'mas party @ Sheraton Wall Center Hotel. The food was quite good and the desserts were lovely. I especially like the salmon, the lemon cheesecake and the pastry with pistachio cream inside. Some ppl find it average. They said the cold cut wasn't good, I skipped that one cuz I don't usually like them anyway.
"Global TV" had theirs as well on the same day. We accidentally stumbled upon it... thinking that's our party... Everyone in that room was very tall. I felt like a hobbit.
I won a door prize, there was a number underneath my seat. This is my first time winning anything. It's a $150 travel gift cert. However, my current vacation balance is negative 1.3 days.. but I guess I can "borrow" vacation again next year. I think I can use 10-1.3 days next year.

Finished buying x'mas gifts yesterday finally... seems to be taking forever.
Also finished packing photos into envelopes and mailed the ones that I have addresses. Now, I just have to hand out the rest in person...

Saw Ratatouille on a weeknite. It's funny but not as good as I thought it'd be.

Made chicken wings on Sat for lunch. It's finger licking good.
I used these to make the sauce: vinegar, soy sauce, tarragon, ketchup, plum sauce, cooking wine, water... basically almost everything in the kitchen.
I'm always either in a hurry to cook or too lazy to flip thru the recipes. I just winged it everytime, almost. Sometimes good, sometimes not so good... But, lately, it's more often good than not good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we saw Jill Croft when she was going to the global party. that was the only famous person we saw.

Anonymous said...

I like the food (and it's free too!) but there are not many choices for dessert.

Google