It's been very hectic the last couple of days.
I finally got an offer from a company that I've "known" for a while. Best of all, I even negotiated and got the number I wanted...altho I didn't get into vacation days or RRSP. But, I just didn't think it's nice to ask so many things of.
I told my boss that I'm leaving, about a 3 mth notice... more than enuf time. He's sorry to let me go as does my other coworker whom I've just made friend of for the past few mths. I'll probably have to add one more person in my invite list.
Went to Beer Burger Shack on Sat in Kits. I ordered a veggie burger it was overdone.... very disappointing. John's power burger was awesome. It had an egg in it (with runny yolk) and meat and fried onion. It's SO GOOD!
My ankle is getting better after the physio. Only had two and he told me that I shouldn't need to come back since it's not that serious anymore. I tried a couple of single axel in the gym. I could have swore that I did land a couple with complete 1.5 rotations.
We went to Rona and John bought me the CIL decoration CD. I'm now debating whether or not should I get furniture first and then try to find the wall color for them. I still donno if I should go for the beige scheme or a bold color scheme with pink and brown in it, or maybe a grey color scheme with orange and dusted rose color as accents. Arghhh so hard to decide.
We also went to Parker Place and had lunch there. John paid $5 for a lemon tea with beef brisket instant noodles. I got a coconut drink with jelly. I don't like the coconut but I like the jelly. The coconut wasn't cold enuf and tasted too much like the stuff u use for cooking.
Went to the florist and paid the $100 deposit for the bouquets and car decorations. A total of $3xx for everything, not a bad price.
Also went to Micelle's cake shop. They have really yummy cake but they don't do delivery. And, we've decided to not use them, altho they probably have the cheapest price. But, in the risk of squashed cake or dropped cake, I think it's worth paying the extra. Mom had suggested Saint Germain, it's just downstairs from where the banquet is held.
Also went to the photographer and went over the schedule. We are now having the reception at 6:00 and dinner at 7:00. And, after the ceremony we're going to UBC to take pictures.
We still have to find the wedding bands and wedding shoes.
John's mom is gonna help do the centerpieces. I'm going to help also. And, I'm going to do my own ring pillow and flower basket. But, I've searched left, right, and center and could not find that metal thing in the middle. http://us.weddingstar.com/collections/chocolate_and_strawberry/
Did driving range at Richmond Driving Range. I did good in a couple of shots but they were all wrong and all of my own creation. I almost hit the stupid bird that was out on the grass. My arms were in pain afterwards, pulled something.
1 comment:
congratulations on your new offer, your wedding, new place ... looks like everything is all set! It's going to be one great year for you. All the best!
Post a Comment