Monday, January 15, 2007

Hectic

Very hectic these couple of days.
Finally put most of my goldfishes into the big tank.. but since I forgot to bring my cable in today again so I couldn't post any pic just yet.
They seem to be very happy in the tank. One big happy family.
Surprisingly, I didn't see them eat any of the plant or tried to uproot them.
Tho a few were uprooted from them swimming around and knocking it over.

Went to Cin Cin on Sat. I screwed up... moved the reservation up too early, ended up just having the regular menu and not the dine out vancouver one. But, it was very very good. And actually cheaper since we don't have the stomach for appetizer and we shared a dessert instead of having one separately. The desserts were a lot more expensive than any other restaurants i've been too. All about $12 or so.

I had "RIGATONI ALLA BOLOGNESE -- RAGU OF VEAL, PORK AND BEEF, WHITE WINE, TARRAGON, RICOTTA SALATA". John had "GNOCCHI CON CINGHIALE -- HAND ROLLED YUKON GOLD POTATO GNOCCHI RED WINE BRAISED WILD BOAR AND PECORINO".
As usual I like John's much better.
But, this time it IS because his is much better. The sauce was just wonderful and the meat was very good. Mine was just like a regular speghetti with meat sauce except that it has tarragon in it.
I just ordered the small size while he had ordered the regular size. But, both of them look like they're the same size except the rim of the plate of his is much bigger.
For dessert, we had the "CHESTNUT CREME BRULEE -- CHESTNUT AND CHOCOLATE CHIP GELATO
CANDIED FRUITS AND NOUGATINE ".
It is just wonderful. The brulee was just so creamy and tasty, not too sweet, just right. The chocolate chip gelato isn't too bitter as well. Oh so good so good.
That's it!! I'm going there again!!!!
After we got out and going down the stairs, we were approached by a couple. They asked us how's the restaurant. John said it was great but the dessert was a bit pricey. I said I liked the creme brulee a lot.

Went to Big Crazy, a supermarket on no. 3 road. Got very cheap ovaltine, only $3.XX.

Went to Langley market. It is super crowded. The line up for cash only was just horrible. mm.... shouldn't it be the other way?

No comments:

Google