Coach told me to go to the ER and said that one of their skaters also had the same thing (fell on axel on dry land... but hers is probably double axel) and she had broken the bones inside her ankle.
So, I went to the ER.... drove there myself (using my knee and pretended my ankle was a stump).. luckily not too far away.
Also, it's because I heard a crack when I landed on the ground and it hurt so damn much my tears kept flowing out involuntarily... (pardon my language). I had seriously thought for a few mins there that I had broken something.
When I got to the hospital it was so confusing, took me a while to know where to park. And then I had to limp/hop my way into it.... took me a few mins to get to the door.
I felt like a suspect and was being interrogated.
First I had to wait for a few mins for a doctor. She asked me what happened and also my medical history, she wrote down something and then she got me a wheelchair and wheeled me to the administration. Then, I was asked for the same thing again.
Then, I was wheeled in front of a nurse, and she asked me the same thing.
Then, I was wheeled into the Cast Unit. Waited a few mins there, and then I was asked the same thing again by a medical student.
Then, another few mins afterwards another doctor came by and did the same thing again. It was like Grey's Anatomy, he was explaining how to examine a sprained/broken ankle to the medical student while I was in pain.... always examine the knee in this situation as well.... and something about the 4 C's which he could only recite 3 of them, couldn't remember the last one.... and I couldn't remember any of them afterwards.
After many many mins, a nurse took me to the X-ray machine and took several X-ray.
Then after like half an hour or more (during that time I went to the washroom and played several games of solitaire on the PC that was in the Cast Unit), the doctor finally came by and told me that nothing was broken and he'll get confirm from the radiology later.
Then I hopped to my car, took me many many mins.... and had to take a break in between. Paid $5 parking. In just before 7am, out of there around 9:30am. There was no line up at all and still it took so long.....
1 comment:
i think since it was like grey's anatomy they have an excuse for repeatedly asking you the same questions, they were too distracted with the gossip who was having sex with whom, etc.
if it was like scrubs it would've been funnier...but at least it wasn't like house, he would have yelled at you and said it was your fault and that it was more serious
Post a Comment