Monday, December 11, 2006

Rough weekend

Sat
After going to the ER, I went home and rested a bit.
Then, went to coworker's wedding ceremony. Friend drove of course.
The church was very beautiful and the bride too... and the maid of honour.



There was no refreshment after the wedding, just some very very pretty and tasty candies.
After that we went to a gelato place.
I had the vanilla cookies flavour, and tried strawberry cheesecake, hazlenut, mango sorbet, and rum from my friend's. I first liked the rum flavour the best, then I moved on to like strawberry cheesecake the most.
We then drove to downtown and my friends bought wedding cards from a very neat card store.
We actually got lost twice or thrice before arriving to the banquet.
I was supposed to help out setting up the table but because of my foot they let me go.
This is the centerpiece that they let me have.

I got to participate at the game this time. Me and John showed the couple how to kiss. Haha.
Sun
Mom drove me to church, then went to a walk-in clinic @ parker place. ... they let me cut the line.... very nice of them. The doctor told me to ice it and said that I should have done it as soon as possible.... hehee... but instead I was limping around and not icing it....so then I went home and iced it for 15mins before going to another wedding ceremony in Vancouver Museum. It's so pretty. Very nice view.




Banquet was in the restaurant in Metrotown..... very similar to the Sat banquet and the many banquets before

The desserts were excellent.
The wedding cake was either apricot or peach cheesecake and had some pastries layers (like the napolean cake) in between. SO SO nice..... mmm so nice that I forgot to take a picture of it.
There was also something like mooncake slices (sweet lotus paste pastries), the pastry layer was good but the paste was too sweet.
Also had thick pancake slices, very very good.
And the typical sweet red bean soup.
Another thing that's very different was that they gave out oranges to each table in the end. They were quite good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a beatiful wedding.
The orange looks nice and big...but it's a bit tough to cut it out with the not-so-sharp knife. I finally give up.
Fibbi

Google