Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Long weekend

Fri
Took a day off for my bday :).
First went to Shanghai River for brunch with parents. I had never tried that restaurant before... it's always too busy.
Afterwards went to Aberdeen Center to pick up cake and visited the cell phone dealer.. turns out that I do have to have the whole package in order to get a replacement. Ended up driving back to work to pick up the USB cable and went shopping in Brentwood mall with mom. The water plants were on sale. Got the onion plant and Egeria densa. The Egeria were all pulled out by the fishes. I just let them flow on top of the tank, I hope that's ok. During the week, I bought a goldfish with gold color and lots of black moldy spots... it was too cute to not buy it and it's on sale for 2.88 (original price 4.88).
Afterwards had cake at home with John and family, a cappucino coffee cake with almond crust. It had too much crust and not enuf cake.
Later, went to Ricco with John. The lovebirds there r gone... donno where they went.
I had pinenut milk tea. John had the usual mango slush. The mango slush's very good, so was the pinenut but I find it a bit too concentrated. I was so full that I couldn't have supper afterwards.
Sat
Went to Cyclone Taylor and got new skates!! The usual Graf Edmond Special. They have improved on it a lil, allows more toe pointing.
Afterwards just shopped around in Oakridge center and Richmond center... didn't buy anything... I kept thinking that I'd already spent too much $$$.
For supper, went to Milestone with a friend of mine and John :). She treated both of us. She's so nice. I only had the chicken salsa soup since I'm not that hungry. I ordered the bellini. It was fantastic, almost no alcohol taste in it. For dessert, they gave me the chocolate torte. The toffee sauce was great but the cake itself has too much chocolate in it... I'm not a fan of chocolate. I ended up sharing the dessert with my friend, key lime pie. It was great! They also took a polaroid picture for us. Very unexpected.
Sun
Had church then facial.
Went to the dog park on the dyke and then the fake park on Garden City.
Near the dyke, there were a few lil houses and an interesting bridge. I wonder if ppl can sue them if someone falls in.
Got 2-color neck.
Had family dinner at Shi Art. It's awesome. We ordered the fish hot pot, fried beef fillet with onions, fried rice with shrimps and chicken, and pan fried bok choy with garlic... yes almost everything fried. For the free dessert it's the yummy red bean soup with black sticky rice. Mmmmmm
Mon
Went to try out my new skates. It hurts, but at least now I can do my usual jumps, backspin, and camel spin... not sitspin just yet.... need to break into it a lil bit more. I might need them to do some punching on the left skate but I am not gonna do it until I'm absolutely sure.... just in case it makes one side bigger than the other side.
Then, we went to driving range and John got a great deal for my friend's used golf set.
Movie
Sometime during the week rented "Hills have eyes". It's not cheesy but very gruesome. The storyline could be longer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the lovebirds are at rico every time we are there :-)
Yes, your friend was nice to treat us to dinner at milestones. and it was cool to get an extra dessert.
thankfully there is no minimum at the dog park but a maximum of 3 dogs per person. the fake park wasn't too bad actually. yeah, i got an awesome deal, can't wait to take them out to the range and pitch and putt and then mylora.

Google