Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Went to LiveCity Vancouver last last week. Line up was not bad at all, just about an hr or so (or was it less?)... probably because there was not much to see anymore. There was Manitoba pavillion, where we got a plastic bear, the Canada pavillion, where we saw the Canada Cup which did not look like a cup. Highlight of that was we got some souvenir, a $10 grab bag with a few olympic pins in it. John also got a canada t-shirt for just $10.

Last week, had bubble tea with old friends @ Pearl Castle in Richmond Center. It was fun. I ordered the Taiwanese red... sth sth.. pork with fried rice and a regular pearl milk tea. They were both very good. Friend brought along her ~10mths old kid. She was fun to play with. We also met with friend that came back from Sweden... or somewhere around there.... to visit. I thoroughly enjoyed our gathering.

Made a trip to downtown, not for Olympics, but for my laptop again. It was getting extremely hard for it to start charging. I had to unplug it and plug it 15times before it would start charging properly. So, I went down to the store and had it looked at. Result was a $75 + tax part replacement (90 day warranty) for the adapter. It was either that or a 100 bux + tax for a whole new one with 1 yr warranty. Since it took about 3 yrs to stop working.... $20 bux more on a 1 yr warranty did not seem to be too attractive.
Aside: Best Buy had the same adapter for $154 + tax, while it was $99+ tax + free shipping to order the new thing on-line.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that apple store has been good to you.

our 2nd day visiting the olympics was ok. kind of dissappointing though. glad we saw the mint when we did.

Petti said...

A bit regret that I was too busy last week to visit these olympic places. But yeah, I got some olympic clothing from Sports Check, buy 1 get 1 free. :)

Google