Computer @ work started acting funny thurs. My login dialog was gone and had to do hard reboot to get in.
At nite it did the auto-shutdown thing again, warned me about window services detected blah blah blah.... going to shutdown.... Spent the whole fri backing things up.... and continued on to the weekend.
Mon morning came in.... computer would not even boot up.
Got a spare computer from IS. Only 1 G ram and could not even install applications (other than the browser) or upgrade Java on it. My JBOSS would not start up because some security settings blocked JAVA runtime and had to had admin priv to unblock, which I don't have.
So basically the only thing I did at work on Mon was installed the MySQL database at a Windows Server 2003 machine in the lab. Found out one database problem, needed a higher MySQL version for Windows Server 2003. The version that we are using could not be installed into Windows Server machine.
Did nothing special this weekend. Just grocery shopping and cleaned the fish tank. Blindy is still blind and has white fungus on her face so I overdosed metalfix and hoped that it would help. Maybe I should go get the $12 anti-bacterial/anti-fungus medication....
Chinese new year is coming... lots of new year snacks r out. Got those chinese almond cake at Superstore, a whole tin for $3.99!! Unfortunately, they are not exactly Macau style, did not taste as good. Supermarket downstairs also have almond cake for sale, real Macau version, for $4.99.
No comments:
Post a Comment