Monday, October 22, 2007

Gloomy weekend

Richmond got on CBC news for having a small plane dived into a building.
I can see the carnage right across from my living room.
Poor ppl cannot go back to that building for at least 2 months.

Had dim sum with John's friend. Shi Art's sticky rice is not good at all. They didn't put in egg and there was no parsley on top. The other dim sum was just average. I wanted to try the one in parker place next time. Parking shouldn't be too much of an issue in the morning.

Tried the rice cooker for baking, made banana cake. The instruction didn't say press "START" after pressing "CAKE", so the mixture was sitting there doing nothing for whole 20 mins before I realized that I should have pressed "START". So, when it's done, the top part of the cake tasted bland... I guess all the sugar sat down to the bottom. I just realized how fattening cake is... for just one cake like that it's 1CUP of sugar and 1/2 CUP of oil!!! I should try to make cake from those low-fat recipe again. Made the cake on Sat and it's gone by Sun...

Cleaned up my room and vacuumed it... and sucked my bedskirt into it and made a big gaping hole :(.

Went shopping in Home Outfitter, got X-stink and used it on my skates. They still smell but not as bad.

Both my mollies were now in the sewage treatment plant. RIP.

Saw "30 days of night". It's so so. Rather sad at the end.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the cake wasn't too bad. More like banana bread than cake. "30 days of night" was ok,had it's moments, more like "2 hours that i will never get back"

Bunny said...

it's not that bad....."2 hours that i will never get back" is a bit extreme.

Petti said...

I want cake too!!! :P
Looks like u double post....

Fibbi

Google