Monday, May 29, 2006

Rainy weekend

Overdosing in coffee
Went to Automall, had half a caffe latte, then french vanilla. Replaced all 4 brake pads as well as the brake motor, turns out that all the pads were almost gone and it was just metal grinding against metal. The dealership called a cab for me and took me to RIC. I watched competitive skaters practiced since I was a bit early. Michelle was practicing her triple toe loop (and fell every time) and her program again (super good choreography and music). Natalie was trying her double axel and falling. Elena was attempting triple toe loop as well.

After lesson, went to watch friend's daughter skated a bit and then had a lil more than an hr of practice at the public skating session. Then John came and picked me up and dropped me off at automall. I waited a bit and had another cup of coffee and one terrible "hot chocolate" water.

Afterwards went to John place and we went to SilverCity to watch X-Men. I like the previous X-men better... less sad and more fun (more about ppl discovering their power), but this one is still good. Worth watching it in theatre.

After movie, went to Homayi. We ordered mango slurpee, grilled chicken sandwich, and french style baked mussels. Yum yum. I had such a good time :D.

Wedding shower and golf
Went to friend's wedding shower, looked at the beautiful wedding portraits, and had a rough timeline of the wedding day. I had fish ball and fish pieces with rice noodles, it's pretty good.. probably even better if I didn't have breakfast.

After that went to driving range with John, did a few shots and got free coffee. I think I's still using my arm too much. My right arm hurts afterwards.

Skating
Coach L didn't show up on Fri lesson... I guess she had a new baby girl. I wonder how much I owe her from the recent lessons.
Coach C said I should commit to the jump, but I just couldn't... not when I feel that my legs aren't exactly under me (body not straight).... no matter how hard I tried.

Skating was very good this morning, eventho my single axel is still non-existent. My backward crossover improved a lot just by straightening my back out.... y didn't i think of that before? Duh!
I wanted to buy new skates but it's just so risky and expensive.... will take another mth of painful skating to get used to them.... and when they actually fit me the skates will have a bulge at the arch on the inside and my waltz jump will start to swing over again....or maybe that won't happen till i'm 3 yrs into them. A skater's parent also suggested that I go to Skater's edge... but it's all the way in Coquitlam. I think I should at least go to the shop and ask them for opinion.

Annual General Meeting (aka AGM)
Went to annual general meeting on Wed nite. I could barely stay awake near the end since I skated in the morning. The food was good. I had a chicken with bacon sandwich, but the coffee could use some more milk (they only provided cream). There were also lots of Tim Hortons and snack mix that I didn't touch.
Basically they went over the finance stuffs and the issues about not having enuf ppl to volunteer. A parent suggested that we involve ppl from CanSkate, but chances are those ppl just want their kids to have an hr of skating a week and don't care about the club. IMO, the letter about the AMG is not clear about what it has anything to do with anyone that is not involved in the management of the club.

No comments:

Google