On Sat, woke up at 6 and made muffins for my team picnic, then had exhausting boating practice. We did 4 pyramids (60%, 80%, then 100%), 2 sets of 30 on 30 off, and then a few starts and 2 races w/ another team practicing there. No one had any energy left in the races, the other team kicked our butt big time. I felt dead in the middle of the races.
Then I went home showered, and went to the beach between Jericho and Spanish bank for our team's season end party. So much food we had. White chocolate rasberry cheesecake, spring roll w/ tofu and peppers inside, ribs, KFC (which I didn't touch), homemade nutella cinnamon stick, blueberry muffins, sushi (tofu wrap with rice with sesame in it) and yummy japanese snacks. The only bad thing was that there were so many wasps (~20 of them), they were so attracted to rasberry splash 7up. There were lots of sea gulls. One of them ate muffin paper, and another ate the whole rib (w/ the bone).
We presented the cards and team travel mugs to our managers and organizers, and gave our coach a paddle with all our names and thank yous on it.
We socialized, had food, and left around 3:30pm, it was getting pretty cold in the end. Summer is apparently leaving us fast.
After the team picnic, went to Lansdown's Gingeri and had mid-autumn festival family dinner. Later on, went to uncle's place to borrow his electric drill, and saw Cindy. She's much older now and no longer jumped at us. She has a tumour at her chest, other than that she seems to be fine.
On Sun, went to church. Then, went home, had lunch, and went skating. Guess who I saw again? Mira! Looks like she's not going to take a break till she's retired from skating. Everytime I go skating in the morning at RIC, I see her there. At noon, I go to 8-rink and see her again. Even on weekends, during public skating, I see her.
After skating, just went to John's place, did grocery shopping, and watched TV, Simpsons again. Not a very good season opener, just average.
1 comment:
yes, it was a dissappointing season opener. average. It did not meet my expectations....although it did debut earlier than in previous years....last year actually exceeded expectations, I think because they spoke about some controversial and contemporary issues.......maybe they can get back to it
Post a Comment